Dog nutrition for healthy skin and hair coat
Dogs are look cute with healthy and lustrous hair coat everyone likes to play with them but who like a dog with itchy ,scally and rough hair coat
- Quality of hair coat depends on vitamins, mineral and essential fat in diet due to deficiency of this nutrients dogs may develop dull coat.
- Reputable commercial food contain enough vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids to maintain healthy skin and shiny coat but low quality commercial food or improperly balanced homemade diet are major cause of deficiency of vitamins, mineral and essential fatty acids.
- Nutrition is not only reason for dull coat but dogs too much scratch themselves or frequently bathing can loss oil from their skin.
Essential fatty acids
Omega 3 fatty acid
- Omega 3 FA have a anti-inflammatory property so it will help in any inflammatory conditions of skin like allergy , mite infestation , and other skin disorders
- Flaxseed oil and fish oil are rich source of omega 3 fatty acid.
Omega 3 fatty acid
- Omega 6 FA give a shiner appearance of the coat, add some lustre back, and also help in replace the oils in the skin.
- Sunflower oil and safflower oil are rich source of omega 6 FA.
Vitamins and Mineral
- Vitamin A is Necessary for growth and repair of skin.
- Vitamin E Protects skin cells from oxidant damage.
- Vitamin C Helps in wound healing.
- Zinc is prevent crusting on the skin.
- Vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids contained supplement are available in liquid or capsule form in market. Add this supplement in diet in optimum amount not too much because in in excess it will cause digestive disturbance and vomiting.
- This is not overnight process your dog’s skin and hair coat will improve in about 6 weeks from starting of this supplements.
- It’s best to seek veterinary help before starting your dog on supplements.